Who’s the Dweeb?
For starters, I suck at describing myself. So I’ll lay them out in bullet points.
- My name is Michelle. You can all call me Mitch.
- I am 23 years old and my birthday falls on August 21. I mentioned that just in case you want to buy me a gift. 😀 And yes, it’s also the date of Ninoy Aquino’s assassination, which for the record, I have nothing to do with.
- I’m a Journalism graduate from the University of Santo Tomas (Batch 2002-2006). My days in UST were one of the most significant moments of my life. I have found great friends and great mentors. Incidentally (and more importantly), I have found my direction. It has also boosted my passion.
- I work as a communications head slash senior writer at a Public Relations company in Ortigas. The job is rewarding in so many levels. It’s not perfect but it sure did open a lot of doors for me. Somehow, I can really call myself a professional. Or not. LOL
- I have many close friends. And I love them all dearly.
- If I don’t like the person, I wouldn’t go out of my way to talk to him/her.
- I’d kiss anything except anyone’s ass.
- I choose Dweebness because I am inherently a dweeb. You’ll understand it when you get to know me.
- I love my dogs: Gimli (yes, from Lord of the Rings fame), Dwayne (of NBA Live 06, which incidentally, I rocked at that time) and Homer (from The Iliad and The Simpsons fame)
- I love books. I always make it a point to buy one every week (unless my budget restrains me). I also appreciate bargains. The cheapest book I’ve bought so far was A Year at the Movies by Kevin Murphy for only P5. Nifty, eh?
- Music is my breather. A bad day becomes more bearable whenever I hear guitar riffs and drum beats taking me away from the shitty world. My Ipod is my most loyal digital companion.
- Films are my daily servings of fiction in motion. It’s my escape from my sometimes humdrum existence. I always make it a point to update my collection, at least every two weeks. And yes, I do shop at Q for some pirated goodies. Don’t we all?
- I love it when it rains.
- I don’t understand why people want to be normal all the time. Where’s the fun in that?
- I’m a sucker for love stories. My most favorite TV show or movie moments were all romantic, one way or another.
- Someday, I’ll be treading the dreamy streets of Paris with the person I’ll love for the rest of my life.
- For now, I’ll be on a lookout. 😀